- Serves 4
- Syns per serving 2
- Difficulty Easy
- Time 45 minutes
- 8 x Weight Watchers cumberland sausages (half a syn each)
- 2 x Onions
- 300ml Boiling chicken stock
- 2 x tbsps of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x tsps of Mustard powder
- 4 x tsps of Sweetener
- 1 x tsps of Mixed herbs
- 1 x bag of potatoes
- 1 x Sweet potato
- 2 x Laughing cow extra light cheese triangles
- Frozen vegetables of your choice (We did peas and green beans)
- Salt & pepper
You can’t beat bangers n mash! so why I haven’t done this one sooner, I don’t know. This recipe was taken from Slimming World’s Food Glorious Food. The sauce mixture was doubled to accomodate for us gravy lovers as we like a bit more gravy on our plates. We also used more sweet potato in the mash and 2 extra light cheese triangles to improve the taste of the mash without using butter.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and sweet potato and steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Mash with the cheese triangles and season.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with Frylight and fry the onions for 15 minutes or until they turn soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, grill the bangers according to your packet instructions (may differ depending on which sausages you use).
- Add the stock to the onions along with the worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, sweetener and the thyme.
- Season and boil for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the bangers on a bed of mash with your choice of green vegetables, pour over the onion gravy and season with a little bit of black pepper.
Slimming world bangers & mash has now become a favourite in our house, had it every week since! Very filling and absolutely delicious!