- Serves 4
- Syns per serving 1.5 (if you use a rice pouch) FREE if you use dry rice
- Difficulty Easy
- Time 40 minutes
- 5 x Chicken breasts
- 2 x Stalks of broccoli
- 1 x Bag of green beans
- 1 x Onion
- 2 x Garlic cloves
- 1 x tbsps of Tikka curry powder
- 1 x tbsps of Tandoori curry powder
- 6 x tbsps of Tomato puree
- 200g of Passata with Onion & Garlic (Morrison’s)
- 400ml of Boiling chicken stock
- Salt & pepper to season
- 4 x Pouches of pilau rice
Who knew we could enjoy a curry with broccoli and green beans? Well we do, we love it! This is a brilliant way to include a 3rd speed on your plate while enjoying a lovely curry! Its also a great main meal for an SP day, just take away the rice and increase the portion of broccoli and green beans to cover half of your plate. The syns in this come from the pilau rice pouch I have used but if you want to save your syns you can substitute this for your own boiled rice.
- Spray a frying pan with Frylight and fry the onions and garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for a further 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
- Add the tikka curry powder, tomato puree, passata and stock, then season and stir.
- Bring to the boil, cover and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer and stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and green beans for around 10 minutes, drain well and tip into a big saucepan.
- Spray the veg with Frylight and sprinkle over the tandoori curry powder.
- Fry the veg for a couple of minutes or until a little bit crispy.
It’s a really good meal for an SP day and if you aren’t on an SP day ensures you keep a 3rd speed on the plate! The veg really adds a nice refreshing, cool flavour to the curry and goes well with the rice and tikka flavour. Before I reached target this was a regular meal and helped me keep on track when I was hankering for a fat takeaway curry!