- Serves 40-50 sweets
- Syns per serving 3 syns for all
- Difficulty Easy
- Time 2 hours
- 2 x Sachets of Hartleys sugar free jelly crystals (any flavour)
- 2 x sachets of gelatine
- 1 x muller light (any flavour)
Love is in the air! As its Valentines day tomorrow I thought to myself I had better do a themed post and I had the perfect idea! I’ve been wanting to try this recipe out for a long time after eating some at a few slimming world taster evenings and enjoying them. They are often described as “Haribo sweets” and in pictures they do look like the haribo love heart sweets but the similarities do stop there. They are more like jelly in texture and taste like jelly too (still very tasty though). I’ve used strawberry jelly crystals on these but you could do any flavour depending on which colour you’re after (raspberry, lime, blackcurrent) or shape (square, star, circle) and also any flavour of muller, vanilla seemed to work well here though. This recipe should make around 40-50 love heart sweets but as I only had 1 mould (15 x love hearts) I put the rest of the mixture into a loaf tin and made some square sweets too (we preferred the square version, less hassle getting them out of the moulds too).
- Fill a jug with 140ml of boiling water and pour in 1 jelly sachet and 1 gelatine sachet.
- Fill your moulds just over half way with the mixture.
- Leave in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set a bit.
- Fill a jug with 140ml of boiling water and pour in 1 muller light, 1 jelly sachet and another sachet of gelatine.
- Fill the moulds up the rest of the way and put in the fridge to set.
- Leave to set for an hour or so and they should be ready to go!
Simple to make, really sweet and look really effective too!