- Serves 4
- Syns per serving FREE
- Difficulty Easy peasy
- Time 10 minutes
- 1 x tin of Chickpea Dahl
- 2 x carrots (cut into sticks)
- 1 x tbsps of fat free natural fromage frais
Quick, easy and a perfect syn free snack! This is brilliant for when you’re at home of an evening and looking to pick, pick, pick. I originally did this for a taster night as we were feeling lazy and looking to take something that was quick to prepare after work with minimal ingredients. You can have the dip with pretty much anything but we had it with some carrot and cucumber sticks as they are both good speed foods. Bare in mind that although the tin of chickpea dahl I used was free there are a few out there that aren’t (we got this one from Morrisons). Chickpea Dahl is lovely and I have also made a really nice chickpea dahl loaf which I will be sharing very soon!
- Blitz a tin of chickpea dahl in a food processor until it is at your preferred consistency
- Dollop in a tablespoon of fat free fromage frais
- Chop up some carrots into sticks and let the dipping commence!
It was a big hit with us and is a good way to include some speed food into your day. Also if you’re not a fan of veggies it just adds flavour and makes eating veggies more bearable!
Recipe coming soon: Chickpea dahl loaf!