- Serves 2
- Syns per serving 5.5 (11 syns for the whole pizza)
- Difficulty Medium
- Time 1 hour
- 125g Strong bread flour
- 7g Instant active yeast
- 1 x tsps of Salt
- 75ml of Warm water
- 4 x Shallots (chopped)
- 2 x Cloves of garlic (or 3 tsps of Lazy Garlic)
- 2 x tsps of Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Basil
- 1 x tin of Chopped tomatoes
- 4 x tbsps of Tomato puree
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 x Onion (chopped)
- 2 x Cloves of garlic (2 tsps of Lazy Garlic)
- 250g of 5% fat beef mince
- 6 x Bacon rashers (fat removed)
- 25g of Grated cheese
- Salt & Pepper
The recipe for this pizza was based on the meat feast pizza from the amazing Slimming World Fakeaway book. Upon first glance it appeared to be really easy to make, presented in 3 simple steps! There was actually a lot involved and it got very messy (flour everywhere). It was however very good fun to make and I loved kneading the dough, that smell is gorgeous!
The Slimming World book states that it serves 4 people but what kind of people only eat 1 slice of pizza?? Who knows! well we ended up making two pizzas anyway and serving with chips and a side salad. So in our case 2 pizzas serves 4 people.
The quantities were also very strange and we ended up with a lot of extra pizza topping left over which we boxed up and froze for another time.
- Pour the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and salt.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the warm water.
- Stir the mix with a wooden spoon to create a soft dough.
- Dust a surface with some flour and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel while you prepare the rest.
- Put the shallots, garlic, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and basil into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Season well.
- Preheat your oven to 180 (fan) you also need to preheat your baking tray.
- Meanwhile, spray a pan with Frylight and cook the onion, garlic and mince for 5 minutes or until the mince is browned.
- Fry the bacon in a seperate pan until cooked through and put to one side.
- Stir in the sauce, reduce the heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin to your preferred thickness and place on a preheated baking tray.
- Cover the dough base with the pizza topping and scatter the bacon and grated cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Delicious!! Can’t wait to make it again and for 11 syns you can’t go wrong!