- Serves 4
- Syns per serving FREE
- Difficulty Medium
- Time 50 minutes
- 2 x bags of Jersey royal potatoes
- 4 x tbsps of Fat free vinaigrette
- 3 x tbsps of Tomato puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 x Cloves of garlic (2 x tsps of Lazy Garlic)
- 1 x tbsps of Dried basil
- 4 x Turkey steaks
- 2 x tbsps of Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
This recipe was based on one from “Slimming World’s Extra Easy Express” recipe book. In the book it states to use 2 cans of new potatoes which we substituted for a much nicer Jersey royal potato, we also added broccoli and baby sweetcorn to increase the amount of speed food on the plate. The book claims 20 minutes to prepare and cook but it was more like 40-50 minutes.
- Put the potatoes on to steam for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the broccoli and green beans and baby sweetcorn and steam for 15 minutes.
- Mix the tomato puree, lemon juice, garlic and basil into a bowl to create the topping for the turkey steaks.
- Arrange the steaks in a single layer in an ovenproof dish and coat them evenly with the mixture. Turn them over and do the same for the other side.
- Spray with frylight and put under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the steaks with the balsamic vinegar and flip over to grill the other side for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain the potatoes and cover with the fat free vinaigrette, making sure to cover the potatoes thoroughly in the vinaigrette. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork and keep warm until the steaks are cooked through.
- Serve the steaks with the veg and crushed potatoes.
LOVED the italian flavour but could do without the balsamic vinegar! Although it was nice and the steaks were very juicy and full of flavour the vinegar was really strong and they would have been much nicer without. Would definitley do this one again though as turkey is a really lean meat and it makes a change from chicken. The speed veg is a real bonus too!