- Serves 5
- Syns per serving 3.5 (FREE if using your healthy A choice)
- Difficulty Easy
- Time 1 hour
- 1 x Onion
- 1 x Red pepper
- 3 x Cloves of garlic (or 3 tsps of Lazy Garlic)
- 4 x tbsps of Vegetable stock
- 3 x Vine tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 4 x tbsps of Tinned tomatoes
- 3 x tsps of Tomato puree
- 3 x tsps of Oregano
- 5 x Chicken breasts
- 120g of Low fat or lighter cheese (grated)
- A sprinkle of basil
Corn on the cob and potatoes for the chips, alternatively you could have this with salad, jacket potato or any roasted vegetables.
This meal was based on a recipe taken from the Slimming World website. It didn’t start off well… me being the silly person I am, I had failed to read the part where it tells you how many it serves! Only realising when I had put all the mixture into the pan and I thought to myself “hmm this isn’t going to cover all of the chicken breasts!” So I have altered the recipe slightly to accomodate and make it more to my liking (which is bigger portion sizes!).
- Preheat your oven to 200 (fan).
- Cut the chicken breast in half horizontally and fold open to make a butterfly shape.
- Spray a frying pan with frylight and brown the breasts on both sides.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the onion, pepper and garlic into a saucepan with the stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the vine tomatoes, the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and oregano to the pan and simmer for around 5 minutes, put the mixture to one side.
- When the chicken is cooked through, spoon the mixture on the top of the chicken and sprinkle the cheese and then the basil on top.
- Put the chicken back into the oven for 10 minutes and then serve!
Very, very nice! If it didn’t start off so badly for me then it would have felt like a much easier dish to prepare! So if you’re fed up of having the same old chicken dishes then this is a really simple way to change it up a little and you get a nice bit of cheese in there too!
Tip: If you haven’t used your healthy A choice then this becomes syn free!