- Serves 1
- Syns per serving FREE (4.5 syns if you add the ice cream & choc shot)
- Difficulty Medium
- Time 10 minutes
- 1 x egg
- 1.5 x tsps of sweetener
- 1 x pinch of cinnamon
- 2 x drops of vanilla essence
- Optional: 50 grams of light vanilla ice cream (3.5 syns) & 2 teaspoons of choc shot (0.5 syns per teaspoon)
So this morning while I was in work I realised it was pancake day! I had no ingredients, no recipe and no idea whether I was going to have pancakes tonight or not. We had decided a few weeks ago that we wouldn’t take part in pancake day this year to protect our weight loss… but while I sat there in work this morning thinking about how I would skip just pancake day, it didn’t feel right! especially as I write a slimming world FOOD blog! So I have not prepared for this in the slightest, apart from a small practice run for which I used my partner as a taste tester… it was a thumbs up!
- Seperate an egg.
- Beat the yolk along with the cinnamon, vanilla essence and sweetener.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the yolk mixture into the egg white gently.
- Spray frylight into a hot pan and dollop a few tablespoons of the mixture into the pan.
- Cook the mixture for a few minutes on either side.
- Add any toppings you like!
Not proper pancakes obviously, but a very good alternative! very sweet with a subtle cinnamon flavour. Why should you miss out on pancake day? You don’t have to!
I do realise that pancake day is almost over and most of you will have made your pancakes but it doesn’t have to be pancake day for you to enjoy pancakes, they are a brilliant low syn dessert or perfect for a tasty breakfast!
Bookmark this one for next year!