- Serves 4
- Syns per serving 1.5
- Difficulty Medium
- Time 1 hour
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 150 grams of Tomato puree
- 2 x tsps of Cayenne pepper
- 2 x tsps of Garlic salt
- 1 x tbsp of Mixed herbs
- Ground black pepper
- 1 x Egg white
- 1 x Wholemeal roll
STOP! Don’t pick up the phone and order a takeaway! Don’t go to McDonalds drive-thru and definitely don’t take a trip to KFC. Look, I’m not saying that this is a perfect substitute for those times when you are after a greasy chip or a fatty chicken wing BUT it is a very good alternative and has all the makings of a KFC… chicken, chips, beans and corn on the cob. Obviously you have to have a treat now and again and you probably won’t give up takeaways for life but this chicken is actually much tastier and guilt free too!
- Preheat the oven to 200 (fan)
- Mix the tomato puree, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and mixed herbs in a bowl and season with pepper.
- Whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks and fold into the tomato puree mixture.
- Tear up the wholemeal roll and blitz it in a food processor until you have fine crumbs.
- Put the breadcrumbs onto a large flat dish or plate and leave to one side.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the tomato puree egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Spray a baking tray with frylight and spread the chicken breasts out evenly.
- Spray the chicken with frylight and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with corn on the cob, beans and chips!
We love this on a Saturday night! It has become quite a regular, its so flavoursome and especially nice if you like a lot of spice. It’s really filling and at the weekend when the thought of a takeaway enters our minds we fill up on this and are usually too stuffed to want for anything else!