- Serves 10
- Syns per serving FREE
- Difficulty Easy peasy
- Time 40 mins
- 250g Chestnut mushrooms (in chunks)
- 120g lean ham (torn into pieces)
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions (chopped)
- 8 x eggs
- 50ml Skimmed milk
- Salt & pepper to season
It was “FREE FOOD FEBRUARY” taster night at Slimmng World on Tuesday and naturally we assumed we should make something that was syn free! With this we decided to do the chickpea dahl dip and something we haven’t made before but had many variations of at other taster nights. When we got there we realised that not everyone had taken the free food february theme to heart! … but I wasn’t complaining as I tucked into some tasty apple betty, missisippi mud pie and wheetabix cake! All of which I am now dying to try to and make myself (oh I do love taster nights). That delicious dessert talk aside, this recipe was based on a recipe for ham & egg muffins in the Jan/Feb 16 issue of the Slimming World magazine.
- Preheat your oven to 180 (fan)
- Spray your pan with Frylight and place over a medium heat.
- Cook the mushrooms for 15 minutes and stir in the spring onions and ham.
- Whisk the milk and eggs in a bowl together and season well with salt & pepper
- Spray 10 muffin cases with Frylight and spoon the mixture into each case.
- Poor the egg on top of the mixture in each case and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool before taking them out of the cases.
So easy to make and went down a treat amongst the Slimming world group, despite all the other chocolatey and cakey offerings on show. When we made these we used a lot of pepper to season which really did make a huge difference to the flavour. Often people complain about the rubbery texture and overwhelmingly eggy taste which is why it is so important to season well!