- Serves 4
- Syns per serving 3 (only 1.5 if you are using dry boiled rice)
- Difficulty Easy
- Time 25 minutes
- 500g of 5% fat Mince Beef
- 1 x packet of Schwartz Chilli Con Carne mix (6 syns)
- 1 x tin of Red Kidney Beans
- 1 x tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x tin of Spicy bean mix (or any mixed beans you like)
- 1 x Onion
- A shake of Chilli Powder
- A shake of Garlic Granules
- A tsp of Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Basmati Rice (we use the individual rice pouches from Aldi 1.5 syns each)
This recipe was concocted by me as an easy meal which involves just chucking a load of tins into the mix… ideal when you haven’t got much time but it has become a massive hit in our house! (I am now known as the “Chilli Queen”) This is our go to meal in a hurry and we often have it twice or three times a week. I have shared this recipe with others and everyone who has tried it or shared it has absolutely loved it so I hope you will too.
- Put the mince into the pan with the chopped onion and cook until the mince is brown and onions are soft.
- Empty the contents of the Chilli mix onto the mince and mix until the mince is coated.
- Empty the tin of chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and spicy bean mix into the pan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and a shake of chilli powder, garlic granules and mixed herbs.
- Boil the rice for 10 minutes or microwave for 2 minutes if you are using the rice pouches… and serve!
Easy, tasty, filling and can be ready in 25 minutes, you can’t go wrong!